About the doctor
Dr. Shantanu is running one of the country’s few state-of-the-art Voice Clinics consisting of Video Endoscopes, Stroboscopic Examination Units, Computer Voice Analysis etc.
He is also using the newest technologies to do a wide variety of endoscopic sinus surgeries, surgeries for snoring problems, apart from treating all routine ENT problems.
He aims to continue teaching junior ENT Surgeons, and with time, start a formal teaching program. Works closely with his team of audiologist and speech pathologist to diagnose and treat hearing problems in all age groups, childhood development disorders and is skilled at a wide variety of ear and mastoid surgeries as well. He has started this department with a vision to make it one of the foremost minimally invasive ENT Centres and also a hub for dedicated voice care.
- Snoring & Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
- Tracheal Stenosis and Upper Airway Reconstruction
- Pediatric ENT problems including
- After his basic training and senior residency at some of the busiest hospitals in the country, he helped setup an advanced ENT center for the charitable Sai Baba medical Trust Hospital in Shirdi.
- He worked as an Asst. Professor at the renowned St Johns Medical College Hospital. A passionate teacher, he was a co-guide for DNB and M.S. students. He was instrumental in running specialty clinics dealing with voice disorders, sleep apnea, and nasal allergies.
- He has authored many papers for a variety of national and international journals. – Received advanced training in Balloon Sinuplasty at Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok.
- Advanced training in Laryngology from USA. He worked at premier institutions including Harvard Medical School, Boston, University of Wisconsin, Madison and Vanderbilt University, Nashville. He spent time learning about laser surgeries and specialized care of Voice Professionals, at the Massachusetts General Hospital Voice Center under Dr. Steven Zeitels. He also trained in Neuro-laryngology and office based laryngeal procedures at New York under Dr. Andrew Blitzer. Since returning to India he has been creating awareness and treating professional voice users such as singers, theatre artists, teachers, call center employees etc.